If you’re interested in a mini facelift but not sure if it’s right for you, you’ve come to the right place. Let's discuss the basics about mini facelifts, as well as what makes you a candidate for this procedure. Let’s get started.
What Is A Mini Facelift?
A mini facelift primarily targets the mid-face, addressing issues like wrinkles, loose facial skin, jowls and sagging cheeks.
Mini facelifts are faster and safer than a full facelift, have a shorter recovery time and are usually less expensive than full facelifts. In addition, they usually do not require general anesthesia – just local numbing and the use of mild sedatives.
Not sure if a mini facelift is right for you? Let’s go over the basics about who may be a good candidate for a mini facelift.
Related: Why You Shouldn't Be Nervous About Getting a Facelift
Who Should Get A Mini Facelift?
You may want to consider a mini facelift if you fit any of the following criteria:
- You’re unhappy with how your face looks due to age. As we age, our collagen relaxes, and our skin tends to sag. While this is normal, it makes many people – especially women – feel self-conscious.
Mini facelifts are the perfect way to address things like sagging skin, “jowls” around the cheeks, loss of jaw definition, and many more issues. A mini facelift can treat almost all issues with the mid-face.
This is a great way to reduce feelings of self-consciousness. If you’ve caught yourself in the mirror thinking, “I'm starting to look like my mother!" a mini facelift may be just what you need.
- You don’t really think you need a full facelift. If you don’t have any heavy “banding” of the muscles in your neck, and you’re generally happy with how your browline and forehead look, you’re a great candidate for a mini facelift.
Even if you do want some work done on your brows or forehead, mild wrinkles and other issues can often be treated with non-surgical procedures such as fillers and Botox.
- You need to recover quickly from the procedure. A full facelift can often take multiple weeks to recover from. In contrast, mini facelifts allow for a much faster recovery. And according to patients who have had mini facelifts, they are more natural-looking and cost-efficient.
- You’re interested in a lower-risk alternative to a full facelift. Facelifts are very safe, with complications occurring in less than 2% of cases. However, mini facelifts are even safer because the procedure is faster and less invasive. If you want to minimize your risk of complications, a mini facelift is a good choice.
- You’re afraid of general anesthesia (being “put under"). Full facelifts typically require general anesthesia, which can be very scary to some people. In contrast, a mini facelift does not require anesthesia, only local numbing agents and a mild sedative.
- You’re in your late 40s or early 50s. This is the ideal age range for a mini facelift. Often, getting a mini facelift early means that you won’t have to invest in a more comprehensive facelift later in life. You can address problems like jowls and sagging skin before they become more severe. The results will be more natural-looking and provide a less noticeable change.
The best way to find out if a mini facelift, such as Dr. Beverly Fischer's facelift, is right for you is by consulting with a qualified, professional cosmetic surgeon. You can discuss your unique needs and review all of the options you have – from non-invasive treatments like Juvederm or Botox, to a mini facelift.
Contact Dr. Beverly Fischer Today!
Don’t wait. Contact The Advanced Center for Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation! Get the cosmetic treatments that you need to feel (and look) your best!