The kids are back in school. The activities are back in full force, and the lazy days of summer have been tightened into blocky schedules. These bittersweet days are exciting as we welcome new teachers, new friends, and new experiences. But they can be stressful too. So how can a mom make the transition to a productive fall while still carrying forth some of the summer fun that she’s not ready to leave behind?
Have you heard of HydraFacial?
It’s one of the hottest facial spa treatments out there, and it’s called “not a facial” for good reason. What is HydraFacial? It goes beyond your typical facial with a three step, 30 minute process that gives you “the best skin of your life,” according to the company that provides this game-changer. And it’s gained an entire posse of believers, touted by Harper’s Bazaar as “the facial adored by the A List,” like luminaries Beyoncé and Kate Winslet. A Glamour writer gushed that “[my friend’s skin] looked radiant and freakishly smooth,” claiming “the instant results are worth it.” It’s a facial that’s oh so much more. The HydraFacial helps brighten, firm and restore, calm, hydrate, smooth and refine skin.
So how does it do it?
A HydraFacial has three steps:
- Cleanse and Peel: The HydraFacial tool gives you gentle exfoliation and resurfacing with a spalike treatment.
- Extract and Hydrate: Its unique patented shape allows it to pull any debris from pores with gentle painless and award-winning “Vortex-Fusion” suction, and then nourish the skin by depositing moisturizing serums that settle into the pores to hydrate, plump, and brighten skin.
- Fuse and Protect: The final layer is designed to maintain moisture by saturating the skin’s surface with antioxidants and peptides for a dewy, healthy look. A red light treatment boosts collagen production and slows the aging process, and a blue light treatment helps protect against acne.
You can also customize your treatment with add-ons or boosters that address specific skin issues, including fine lines, wrinkles, dry skin, acne, oily and congested skin, enlarged pores or brown spots. You can adjust the strength of the suction too. See this facial spa treatment in action here. It’s no surprise that HydraFacials are one of the most popular in-office treatments right now, with one performed around the globe every 15 seconds. Wow.
HydraFacial Benefits: Three Reasons to Get One
Beyond the beautiful skin we all covet, HydraFacials have some important health benefits as you dive into fall.
Summer is rejuvenating, right? Days at the pool spent wrestling wet kids into car seats, slathering sunscreen on squirmy kids at the beach, camping with mud-caked shoes and bug spray…. We hear you when you want a vacation from your vacation. Even when you’re having fun, your skin has likely been through the wringer. It gets dehydrated, singed by the sun, and seems to grow wrinkles overnight as you squint your way through the summer. With a treatment like HydraFacial, you can refresh and rejuvenate. These treatments are massages for your face. At the Advanced Center for Plastic Surgery, we’ve created a spa experience, where you can enjoy your time and the refreshment that comes from deep relaxation. HydraFacial addresses the three important measures of your skin health: tone and texture, hydration, and pores and congestion—to create smooth, moisturized skin free of blemishes and stress.
- Maintain Skin Health
We all want beautiful healthy glowing skin. And we all work pretty hard at it—trying to wash our face at night when we’d rather stay in bed, slathering moisturizer on when we need to run out the door, even remembering sunscreen on a cloudy day (this one is especially hard sometimes). Facials are another great way to keep your skin healthy. HydraFacial benefits abound. It is especially good for:
- Exfoliating: This important skin cleansing step is one we sometimes forget. With a HydraFacial, you’ll easily slough off the dead skin cells that cause your skin to look dull—and reveal glowing skin.
- Stimulating Collagen Production: As they exfoliate your skin, HydraFacials also stimulate collagen and elastin production to replenish your skin with new skin cell growth for tighter, firmer skin.
- Tackling Specific Issues: HydraFacial effectively reduces the effects of wrinkles, pimples, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and even pre-cancerous spots.
- Give Yourself the Gift of Health
Our skin is constantly aging and is vulnerable to the effects of the environment around us. If we take the time to keep up with maintenance, we can avoid having to rehabilitate it later with more invasive approaches. HydraFacial facial spa treatments can help prevent fine lines, minimize breakouts, and keep your skin moisturized on a monthly basis. It is a great way to achieve and maintain healthy, beautiful, and resilient skin. It’s consistently safe and effective, and doesn’t inflame skin or scar your face like other facials can.
Face it. You’re about to head into one of the busier seasons—whether it’s soccer, piano, chess club, or the millions of other activities that you and your kids will be rushing to. It’s more important than ever to take some time for yourself. You need self care and you deserve it! Come see us today for your 30 minute time away from it all. You’ll leave feeling like a new person, ready to take on the back to school season with ease and enjoyment. We all know that life moves too quickly. So take this time to get back to you as the kids head back to school.