If you’ve been considering a vaginal rejuvenation procedure, you’ll be happy to know that this simple process can be highly effective at addressing any vaginal health issues caused by childbirth, menopause, or even aging. You may be experiencing pain and discomfort, low self-confidence, reduced libido, or decreased sexual pleasure—and you’re not alone. Often childbirth can stretch the vaginal canal and make it hard to hold your urine when sneezing, coughing, running, or laughing. Many times age and menopause and its corresponding decreased estrogen levels can cause dryness and inflammation. All of these can affect your sensual pleasure as well. You don’t need to suffer through these frustrations. Vaginal rejuvenation procedures can fix them all—with a surprisingly easy recovery process.
Common Types of Vaginal Rejuvenation
At the Advanced Center for Plastic Surgery, Dr. Beverly Fischer and her team offer three types of vaginal rejuvenation treatments:
- The RejuVAnate laser: This gentle but effective procedure addresses the dryness and burning that comes with menopause while restoring your vagina’s youthful tightness. The RejuVAnate laser builds a tighter, stronger vaginal canal and increases lubrication, volume, and strength. This in turn helps eliminate dryness and burning, decrease laxity, and reduce chronic UTI infections and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) symptoms.
- The Sweet Spot Shot: As the name suggests, this treatment focuses on the sweet spot where your orgasms originate from, commonly called the “G spot.” With The Sweet Spot treatment, you can increase and intensify your existing ability to orgasm by increasing blood flow and overall sensation. The procedure takes just one hour and requires no anesthesia. Dr. Beverly Fischer and her team inject growth factors along with your own blood into the clitoris and upper vagina, in the area that is responsible for releasing your orgasms and is most important for sexual response.
- Labiaplasty: This surgical procedure changes the inner and/or outer labia to alleviate any discomfort and achieve the shape and size that you desire.
- Monsplasty: This procedure is designed to reduce bulging on the mons, the upper part of the hair-bearing part of the vulva. The surgery involves reducing the amount of fatty tissue and/or skin that causes the bulge.
- Labia Majoraplasty: This procedure is designed to surgically reduce the size of the outer, hair-bearing labia majora. This surgery involves a small amount of skin to be removed from the inner portion of each labium.
- Clitoral Hood Reduction: This procedure is designed to remove excess tissue causing excess folds of the clitoral hood.
What Is the Vaginal Rejuvenation Recovery Process Like?
Since each woman’s vaginal area is different and each procedure is different, recovery times can vary. For instance, non-surgical procedures like The RejuVAnate laser and The Sweet Spot do not have a recovery period. Patients often feel better and even report improved symptoms right away. You might experience a mild warming sensation for 24-48 hours post-treatment, and you’re free to have intercourse after 4 days.
For a labiaplasty, it’s important to apply ice to any incision after the surgery to reduce swelling. Some patients are able to move around relatively quickly once the anesthesia has worn off. Most patients are able to resume their (non-strenuous) daily activities after about 48-72 hours. With most of these procedures, one week of recovery time is recommended before heading back to work. It’s also important to take six to eight weeks of recovery before engaging in sexual activity to allow yourself that time to heal well. If you decide to combine several treatments, the recovery time can be longer. Keep in mind that residual effects like itching, pain, swelling, and a limited range of movement can continue for as long as weeks or months after.
How Do I Know if I’m Not Healing from the Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure Correctly?
It’s common to still feel vaginal pain a week or more after surgery, as the affected muscles, tissue, and skin essentially knit themselves back together. You can help alleviate any discomfort with any prescribed pain management medications, in conjunction with icing the affected areas. If you have redness, oozing, fever, or pain and it’s been more than a couple of weeks after the surgery, get in touch with us and we can ensure that everything is healing well.
We are pleased to offer services that help you embrace your optimal vaginal health. We’re always moved to see our patients claim a renewed confidence and ease, and enjoy pain-free, fulfilling lives. These procedures make immediate and long-lasting differences. You’ll also be surprised at how affordable the cost of vaginal rejuvenation can be and if you schedule a RejuVAnate appointment in the month of June 2022, you can receive a special price. It’s a simple procedure with the power to change lives. See how it can change yours.